tmccartney66

Reverse Dns Entry Missing

As spelled out in my post here, I'm having trouble getting to Server 90 from work.

A check with DNS Stuff shows that the IP address for Server 90 lacks a reverse DNS record.

I am wondering whether this might be why my ISP has access to it blocked, or am I barking up the wrong tree? I know a lot of ISPs block mail from mail servers that don't resolve, so I thought the same thing might be going on here.

My ISP is looking into it but so far hasn't found that IP address firewalled, so I'm wondering if another rule might be causing problems.

Thanks,

Tracey

It is best to address these types of issues to the Help Desk. I believe that RDNS has been requested on the server. I would suggest sending in a ticket so that we can check and have a record.

It is best to address these types of issues to the Help Desk. I believe that RDNS has been requested on the server. I would suggest sending in a ticket so that we can check and have a record.

Will do. I didn't want to bother the Help Desk if I was totally off-base about RDNS even being necessary or desirable.

Thanks,

Tracey

I have passed this issue on to our Admin Team. They will investigate and insure the RDNS is set.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Bill

The reverse DNS records will soon be added :clapping:. We've requested for them to be added at the datacenter but of course this will take up to 24 hours to be seen around the globe.