Posting 2004 Year-end Stats

!!blue

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Seeing as how some blogs are posting their 2004 year-end stats, I want to do the same. I came to the part in my AWStats for one of my subdomains that shows the Visitors domains/countries list.

My question is how can I reference the images used for the flags in my webpage's code? Or do I have to save each image to my website? The current URL can't be viewed w/o logging in to my account, e.g.:

h**ps://serverXX.totalchoicehosting.com:2083/images/awstats/flags/ca.png

thanks,

!!blue

You'll have to save each image to your public_html directory (or a sub-directory), because the address you mentioned needs a username and password to be accessed. You could use it but you would have to include the username and password in the URL, making it visible in the HTML source code.

Another option would be to make a script that receives an URL variable indicating which flag you want to display. The script would then fetch the corresponding image via the secure URL. This way you could have the username and password in the script, since it is not visible to your site's visitors.