Installing Bulletin Boards

A while ago, I had started a conversation about a How To for installing a Bulletin Board for my site. I'd like to rekindle that disucssion a this time.

What I'd like to gather information on is:

(1) How do people install and manage a phpBB on their TCH sites?

(2) How do you develop new "features" - ie. do you have a development instance of the BB on your own server?

(3) How do you backup/restore and perform configuration management functions for your BB?

Other ideas that would help a NewBie get started would be most welcome.

Examples of other BBs that use phpBB would be great as well.

Regards

Divya

Setting up the BB is simple enough through the cpanel. I have a simple one set up for my site. There are several thousand add-ons you can add to it such as the add attachment hack - custom skins instead of the standard sub-silver almost anything you might want to add to it. From arcade games to stock and weather tickers and fantasy sports and SPAMMER-BEWARE hacks.

i have several sites in my a fav. folder that i go to when adding hacks or having someone install them for me. If you are interested PM or email me and i will give you the Urls as i figure posting them here might be against the rules. (im not sure)

I might be able to post this one

http://www.phpbb.com/support/tutorials/