Retrieving Old Messages Caught By Spama

lktodd

I've read through all the postings on Spam Assassin and still can't seem to retrieve the old messages that could have been caught. I tried adding the /spam to an account, but it won't let me. On the Spam Assassin page it says: If you wish to use pop3 to check the spam box, just add "/spam" (without the quotes) to the end of your pop3 login. (Example: joe@i.com/spam)

So, from IE, I typed: www.****/webmail/spam It does add the /spam to the end of the login, but neither of my passwords works. I want to use Squirel to retrieve what is there.

I've already set up the filter for future mails using the procedure that I found under this listing.

I tried Horde, but the problem is not the email product but rather how to login. As I said, from IE, I typed: www.****/webmail/spam. It does add the /spam to the end of the login, but neither of my passwords works. I'm not convinced that I'm entering the right thing into IE.

I seem to recall that horde can see the folder for spam

but I don't use that, so its just something to try.

I tried Horde, but the problem is not the email product but rather how to login.  As I said, from IE, I typed: www.****/webmail/spam.  It does add the /spam to the end of the login, but neither of my passwords works.  I'm not convinced that I'm entering the right thing into IE.

You dont access it by domain.com/webmail/spam The instructions say in your pop3 client add /spam to your username, not the url

IF you have spambox enabled all you need to do is access domain.com/webmail go into Horde and in the dropdown menu in the upper right choose the spam folder.

Will this download the OLD mail? I have a new account in Outlook for spam with a new folder following the method described in a different posting. Nothing has showed up yet.

I tried Horde, but the problem is not the email product but rather how to login.  As I said, from IE, I typed: www.****/webmail/spam.   It does add the /spam to the end of the login, but neither of my passwords works.  I'm not convinced that I'm entering the right thing into IE.

You dont access it by domain.com/webmail/spam The instructions say in your pop3 client add /spam to your username, not the url

IF you have spambox enabled all you need to do is access domain.com/webmail go into Horde and in the dropdown menu in the upper right choose the spam folder.