planetphillip

Php Version And Zend Optimizer

HI,

A number of phpBB forums and Wordpress installations I regularly visit have recently been hacked, apparently it's something to do with their hosts upgrading their php version but not their zend optimzer.

I run both Wordpress and phpBB and would be grateful for some reassurance that I am safe here at TCH.

:eek:

Phillip

Phillip, TCH installed the updated PHP version as soon as it came out :D

No need to worry about that, the admin crew is always on top of this stuff and they know what they're doing. You can relax, TCH's servers are safe from that problem :eek:

EDIT:

Oh, by the way, Zend Optimizer had nothing to do with phpBB instalations being hacked. That was a security problem in PHP itself. Zend Optimizer would raise problems if it was an older version, which didn't work well with PHP 4.3.10. TCH already has the latest (2.5.7) Zend Optimizer version installed, so no need to worry about that part, either :1eye:

Edited by TCH-Raul

I just took a look at your forums, and they need to be upgraded. We did upgrade PHP on our servers, but we are not responsable for upgrading whatever software you have on your site. You are running phpbb 2.0.6 and should upgrade to 2.0.11

Thanks for the tip. I'll upgrade ASAP.

Looks like I'll have to upgrade it manually because it's not in a top level directory! (I moved it from another domain.

Maybe I'll move it to top level then upgrade it. What do you think is best?

TIA

Phillip

look at the thread for the link to changed files only

then you can just ftp them to the proper folders.

You may have to re-install mods, so document what they are.