Subdomain Redirect?

Guest Craig

Guest Craig

I was wondering if this is possible...

I want to create a subdomain blah.****/ and when a user accesses the page it takes them to a different site.. say www.yahoo.com. Is this possible with setting up a subdomain or would I need an html redirect page?

Guest craig

It is only for personal use so I am not worried about any users. I was just wondering if this is possible through cpanel when setting up a subdomain.

Not to sound like a broken record, but again, I will tell you what our Head Guru said when I asked him about this last night.

As I replied in an email to you last night, you will have to do html redirect (per Head Guru).

• 4 months later...

Has this changed?

The reason why I ask is that I use a service called Fotki to store and serve my personal photos, and they allow for subdomain redirection.... in other words, I can have photos.mypersonalsite.com actually link to Fotki's server and serve up my photos with my own site's look and feel.

An HTML redirect, however, will not do the trick.

Thanks in advance for letting me know if true subdomain redirection is now available.