Default Port For Webmail

I use a "real" email program at home, which is a lot nicer than webmail but of course it doesn't allow me to check my email from anywhere else. I know TCH has three different webmail programs installed by default (NeoMail, Horde, SquirrelMail). I'd like to be able to check my email at work using one of those three, but I'm behind a firewall and all the ports that those programs are configured to use are blocked. I can't access Cpanel from work for the same reason.

First, is there any particular reason that those programs are configured to use different ports? Second, is there any way to change them so that I can access them from work?

There's not a chance in hell that the IT department at my work would be sympathetic to my problems... they won't open the ports for hardly any reason, let alone a non-work-related reason.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks! I feel a little sheepish for not having figured that out myself. I always used Horde.

I have a related question about IMAP:

Using Thunderbird at home and then one of the webmail programs when I'm not would be a really good combination if I used IMAP. I've tried it before and it always seemed painfully slow and/or something didn't seem quite right, so I'd switch back to POP. I don't know exactly what you're supposed to tell me about that, but has sloooow IMAP been an issue for other TCH customers as well? Or is it just me? Do you know of any problems with IMAP using Thuderbird (or the Mozilla suite) on TCH's servers?

-jeff

try ******/sqmail

that is on port 80

Except when I try this I get...

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.3a/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/******/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.3a/index.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.3a/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

and yes I replaced ****** with my real domain name. I'll give it a try when I have access to a computer on the otherside of the fireall before opening a ticket.

Bruce,

I wanted to check if is a firewall issue or a webmail issue or a sqmail issue before opening the ticket. I've finally gotten a chance to try from a computer that is not behind a firewall and have some more information for the ticket.

- Jim