Spam Email

In cPanel what do you have the default address set to for your domain? If you don't want email coming to you for accounts that do not exist enter :fail: in the box instead of an email account.

Moving for organization.

Oh and welcome to the family! :P

Edited by TCH-Bruce

It's cPanel's "catch all" address.

Anything that reaches the mail server destined for an @yourdomain address will be droped into your "catch all" address.

You can click the "Default Address" link in your cpanel's "E-Mail" section. There you can set the options for the default address. :dance:

Spamers and others have a stack of standard email address beginnings that they use and it has nothing to do with anyone having your specific address. They shotgun hoping to find someone with a live address.

Here's a few standard addresses they use for ALL domains they find:

info@

webmaster@

sales@

service@

contact@

Don't click REMOVE ME, etc from emails. If you have not signed up at that location, then they don't know it's live until you click to remove. Once they know it's a confirmed address, it will be sold and your mailbox will be FLOODED.

WELCOME!

-Samantha

Unfortunately, it is really easy to change the 'from' email address in outlook express. I could go into one of my accounts and have an email come from whateveriwant@anywhere.com if I put that as the reply address.

I've been getting bounced emails saying that I have been trying to send virus spams from my email address and I know they probably originated from the technique above.

It is a pity there is people out there that waste their time making virus' and doing spam.