Head Guru Needs Help!

Head Guru

Hey,

Im reaching out to the people in the forums for a bit of help.

I have a client that seems to be having all kinds of problems with a site hosted on our servers.

For example " "Well the website appears to be working but not consistently....when I first tried it, we couldn't even get the site to come up...on my second try, I got it up but it was all messed up ... things were all out of order and blurry ... on my third try, everything was fine except for the last two pages -- the contact page and the specials page had the logo on top of the lettering but it wasn't blurry ... on last try, everything worked fine...nothing was blurry and all the pages were fine ..this all occurred within a 5 minute period of time.

"

What I would love my Forum Brothers and Sisters to do is hit this site and let me know if it loads properly. I have loaded the page from five different PC's and three different ISP's. It loads perfect.

But the customer is King! So lets try to see if we can duplicate the problems.

Just let me know if you have problems with this site.

Thanks

http://www.machinemagic2000.com

Well, I just went and checked it out for ya, here's what I found:

Main page--loaded in ~20 sec, no blurry letters, all looks great

Product page--loaded in 47 sec, pictures looked about as well as could be expected

Other, Order, Specials, Contact pages--all loaded in <10 sec, no problems viewing anything

the only thing that makes the lettering "appear" to be fuzzy is that tan/grid background they used.

All load times are on dialup (46.5K right now), using NS7/WinXP

Head Guru

follow this link and see if it looks like the problem,

http://www.machinemagic2000.com/Images

I wonder if he has a bad link to the duplacated index page that is in the images directory?

some images may be local cashed and the results may vary....

Mr. Bill

I just viewed all pages on the site with Mozilla 1.3 / Win98 / CableModem; No problems. All pages load quickly, and I don't see anything I would call "fuzzy", though I agree about the grid backgound perhaps giving that illusion.

Likewise with NS7 and IE6. As has been said, even the Products page loaded in 1.54 seconds.

Bill,

Works fine here in the UK running XP Pro IE6 patched to kingdom come and back. Also on a large pipe!

My only niggle is that the top header does move by about 4px on some pages left or right. Other then that its fine!

What you running it on?

Jim