TCH-Dick

New Forum Look..

so, whats everyone think?

I know calendar is spelled wrong, I'm working on that, but dont have a blank image, or the original psd so cant edit the layers. Anyway, let us know what you think and if you see any other mistakes. I dont think the designer used spell check :lol:

I like it, except it's kinda hard to tell which forums have new posts (the two red/orange arrows are showing up very similar to each other on my screen)...

Maybe put a glow or something around the "new posts" one?

And, if you care about tiny details :) the background of the left column arrows is not the same color as background of the cell.

post-33-1101995742.gif

I'll agree with Bruce - margins would be nice. I'm on IE right now, and I keep looking for a bottom scroll bar - it feels like there should be more to the page.

but overall, I like it :)

You might want to remove that unused light blue/grey navigation bar in the top right. Removing the table data for tnvcurve.gif and the instance of spacer.gif that's just after it in the code should fix it. Heck you could probably get rid of two of those tables and the spacer.gifs entirely.

Also once you finalize the look it would be a good idea to change the inline styles over to one or more external stylesheets. Then you could get really crafty and have multiple stylesheets and use a few lines of javascript to allow users to change to whichever style they most prefer or even to their own local stylesheet. woooot

I think the orange text in the top right looks a bit out of scheme as nothing else is orange, the text would be better off blue.

Also the TCH logo image in the top left is squashed, its not being dispayed at its full size and this can be seen by the distortion on the text and the circles.

I think the yellowy-green line on the very left of the logo image looks like a mistake (I know it isn't) but it looks like the spacing is out.

Appart from that, good job!!!

I was going to make a similar comment about the orange text but purplespider said it first... I agree that it's out of place (and hard to read.) Other than that I like it!