Url Forwarding ?

sodbayar

hello guys. i got a subdomain like this: www.sbmgl.com/noob .. i wanted my visiters to visit this site not by typing www.sbmgl.com/noob so i registered for a free .tk and my url is www.noob-ownage.tk but i want to it to work like if someone types www.noob-ownage.tk then i want it to forward to www.sbmgl.com/noob not redirect it. please help me. :thanx

I don't know exactly what you mean with forward in stead of redirect. :huh:

But anyway, here's my suggestion.

Create a file named index.php with the following code:

<?php header("Location: http://www.sbmgl.com/noob/"); ?>

Place index.php on www.noob-ownage.tk

However, I'd call this a redirect, but I hope this helps you out.

Hi,

I have to admit, I am a bit confused!

Are you saying that you want www.noob-ownage.tk to remain in the address bar?

Remember that your subdomain can be acccessed other ways.

E.g.

A subdomain path of http://www.mywebsite.com/forum can also be accessed by typing in Http://forum.mywebsite.com which IMHO is very easy to remember!

If you want it to remain in the address bar, you will need to either use a frameset or see if there is an option with your hosting company to make it permanetley in the address bar

Jim

hello guys. i got a subdomain like this: www.sbmgl.com/noob .. i wanted my visiters to visit this site not by typing www.sbmgl.com/noob so i registered for a free .tk and my url is www.noob-ownage.tk but i want to it to work like if someone types www.noob-ownage.tk then i want it to forward to www.sbmgl.com/noob not redirect it. please help me. :thanx

Our hosting is made for ONE domain name, although another can be parked on top of the original one, but both will resolve the same index page.

What you are trying to do, and have done, is to host sbmgl.com with us, and then register another name, noob-ownage.tk, and have it pointed to a subdomain on your main site (sbmgl.com/noob).

This is a violation of the TOS and AUP, and can cause your account to be suspended, or terminated.

You CANNOT host multiple domain names, pointed to subdomins on your main account.

Sorry I did not realise he was going to have TWO domain names, I thought by the sound of it, he was going to get rid of the old one.

No problem, Jim. I just wanted to bring it to his attention that this was a violation, and give him time to get this corrected before I 'officially' find out about it later today. :huh:

hi, i am sorry for the violation.

if u see it i just used free domain for my subdomain and it's not even redirect. i had this free noob-ownage.tk domain for my clan and i created the clan site here, so i had to forward it. if it really is a violation, i'll stop it. thank you

sodbayar B)