Submission Forms...how Do I Connect. I Am Newby!

Guest Guest_Karmacriminal

Guest Guest_Karmacriminal

I undertsand the logic of the submission form adn the action that I must place submission form to tell it where to place the information being submitted. My problem is, I do not undertsand WHAT link to use.

Emaple: I want top creat a Submission form with NAME, AGE, and LOCATION. I them must give it a action. I am assuming a link to the CGI script??? What would the link be. Also, I dont undertsand where the information goes once The action is taken. Is it placed to the link where the script is??

I am lost newby. thanks

Hi,

Well thats a pretty broad question that could be posted about any form. That all depends on the form. A forms action tells the browser what to do with it, like POST, GET etc. It depends on what happens next, it could be an ASP page collecting the data or you could be running it through a CGI file. The CGI will need the path to it, eg /cgi/myform.cgi

The information you will either need to store in a database or retrieve it via the cgi script.

What exactley is the entire page about?

Jim

My Webpage This is the site. (STILL IN THE WORKS)

What I want to do is on the CONTEST page. have people enter Name, Age, Breed, and Location and be able to submit that information to me on our servers. (as you can see this is not a reel form, its just a placement) I would also like to add the functionality for them to upload a picture file and Either EMAIL me this information or send it to a server for me to collect. What is easier and what do you suggest also?