Preventing Image Theft?

designby

Hi All,

I've just found a competitor who lifted some of my design images and has them on her site and is presenting them as her own work. Besides the legal action I have taken, I know there is a way to code pics so that people can print them, but not save them to their computers.

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks,

D

There's no way to do it. Those irritating "no-right-click" JavaScripts are only that: irritating, because they can be easily bypassed. Firefox even has an extension just to disable those :dance:

At the very least, a thief will always have the "Print Screen" button to make a screenshot of your site and then it's just a matter of doing some editing work to get the images clean.

Check on the internet for graphics watermark programs. These programs allow you to put a mark in your picture that can prove it's yours. They can be either visible or invisible... they can make undetectable-to-the-eye changes that the computer can decode with your name or other identifying data.

As was said, if they can see it on their screen then they can save it on their computer but you can mark it so you can win in court.

Thanks guys for your quick responses. Jim - I'll look for that watermark program. I'm sure my phone call to her voicemail probably will scare her witless, but there are times in life when nothing beats a good lawyer! :dance: