Firefox 1.0 Is Released

allaboutmadonna.com

I can't access the site :)

And http://texturizer.net/firefox/ is no longer available. Looks like David Tenser completely moved the Firefox website to mozilla.org, now that Firefox is official.

Guess I'll have to wait a few hours before I can download 1.0 - no problem, if I waited all these years, I can wait a few more hours... :)

Edited by TCH-Raul

Yep its the new start page and its awesome. From Michelle Baker's (Head Honcho and Chief Lizard Wrangler at the foundation) blog:

In keeping with our emphasis on the end-user, we have redesigned the Firefox startpage. We wanted a startpage that reflected the Mozilla project and provided a good access point to the web. Given the importance of search, we decided to add search functionality to the start page itself. Google has long been recognized as a leader in search experience and so we chose Google.

We provide access to search services from a range of sources including Google, Yahoo, Amazon, eBay and others you can see in Firefox. We expect to see some funds come to the Foundation as a result of our integrated search. We'll use any funds that result to help support the Mozilla Foundation's non-profit operations. When finances are involved questions often arise about their influence on an organization and we'll spend some time talking about this as we go forward.

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/mitchell/archives/2004/11/firefox_10_now_1.html

I made download and installation without problems in Windows XP Professional, but....when having access a site with intro in Flash the automatic installation of the Plugin failed.

I used the option of manual installation and functioned..

My Windows XP Professional he is in Portuguese and firefox in English.

It will be that one did not like it another one... :) !!!!!

Paulo