Mysql Queries

JPDeni

I am currently running a message board on another hosting service. The board uses Invision Board (like this one), which uses a MySQL database. There have been a number of times so far that we have encountered MySQL errors and it seems that the current server has a limited number of queries that it can handle at once. When that number is exceeded, my users get an error page instead of the message board.

Friends of mine had a similar board on this same hosting service and they have been asked to find another service because they have too many MySQL queries -- 250,000 per month. (Is that a lot? I have no idea.) Their board is bigger than ours, but ours is growing and could reach or even exceed the size of that of our friends.

Would TCH be able to handle this number of MySQL queries?

I don't think you'd have overall bandwidth problems because TCH has such a wide variety of hosting packages available.

But total mySQL queries, I don't know. Hopefully someone else can help you with that.

Good luck!

:blink: Sandy

Thank you, Bill. I guess great minds think alike, :lol: because I did just that last night and got a very helpful response. I guess my biggest question can't be answered, though. How much is "too much"?

I apologize if I asked in the wrong place.