Coppermine

JustMike

Hiya All,

I'm trying to install Coppermine on my site.

For those not familiar (which it seems most are), during the install, it asks for the path for ImageMagick. I entered in /usr/local/bin/ and came up with the following error:

The installer can not find the '/usr/local/bin/' directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, I have installed Coppermine once on my account and it ran just fine using /usr/local/bin as the path to ImageMagik... err... actually, I can't remember if the path was /usr/local/bin or /usr/bin... I think it was /usr/local/bin ;)

I've tried both

/usr/bin and /usr/local/bin

Still coming up with the same error:

The installer can not find the '/usr/bin/' or the /usr/local/bin directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory.

I did submit a help desk ticket; however, nobody has yet to take a look at it (or at least I have not gotten an Email stating so). Any other ideas?

Mike Jones found the problem. Here's what he had to say about it:

/usr/local/bin is not an allowed directory for open_basedir, so coppermine install won't be able to access files in that directory.

I would suggest if someone wants to install it, they should probably submit a help desk ticket to see if TCH will add it as an allowed directory.

Edited by TCH-MikeJ

/usr/local/bin is not an allowed directory for open_basedir, so coppermine install won't be able to access files in that directory.

I would suggest if someone wants to install it, they should probably submit a help desk ticket to see if TCH will add it as an allowed directory.

Is tch willing to add /usr/local/bin to open_basedir?

Is TCH willing to add /usr/local/bin to open_basedir?

I would open a ticket as Mike said and see what they say. Only staff can give you a valid answer.

Ha on me. I was doing a search for Mike Jones (so I could read the rest of the thread that TCH-Raul mentioned) and I just figured out it must be TCH-MikeJ.

Anyway, before I get to the point of requesting that Help install the directory I would like to find out if they have done it for others...that's why I'm asking around.

Ha on me. I was doing a search for Mike Jones (so I could read the rest of the thread that TCH-Raul mentioned) and I just figured out it must be TCH-MikeJ.

Anyway, before I get to the point of requesting that Help install the directory I would like to find out if they have done it for others...that's why I'm asking around.

It was me, but I'm not the one who makes those decisions for TCH. You won't find the rest of that thread as it was posted in a private area.

Submitting a help desk ticket will allow you to get a quicker response (as I don't believe this has been fully reviewed yet), and also (even though we know about the issue) emphasize who and how many are in need of it to be changed.

In the mean time you can leave the path blank and continue with the install

and Coppermine will use GD2

I finally installed Copppermine and I have to say I like it better than Gallery.

I will have to do some looking to see if I can add to the buttons at the top to pu a link back to home.

Edited by TCH-Don

There was a recent security update that restricts php programs (like coppermine) from reading much outside your home directory. That is possibly why you are getting a permission error. If that is the case here, then to override it would require a helpdesk ticket...

How can TCH offer ImageMagick, but at the same time restrict us from using ImageMagick? :( :P

How can TCH offer ImageMagick, but at the same time restrict us from using ImageMagick?  :(  :P

If you've ever done any real work with computers, you will know that any time a big change is made, there are sometimes side effects to making those changes. This is one of them. TCH just needs to evaluate the best route to fixing this without causing additional negative effects.

Quite frankly, when we have offered to help people in the meantime by just asking you to submit a helpdesk ticket (i.e., follow proper protocol), so we can be aware of individual cases we can test with, I don't understand why you feel you must respond like this claiming we won't allow you access to ImageMagick at all.

I don't understand why you feel you must respond like this claiming we won't allow you access to ImageMagick at all.

I said "restrict". Possibly a bit harsh I agree, but you said that I said "claiming we won't allow you access to ImageMagick at all" which is not actually what I said.

...we have offered to help people in the meantime by just asking you to submit a helpdesk ticket...

Actually you "suggested" that we should "probably" submit a ticket to "see" if they will add it:

Anyway, I apologize if I was offensive.

Actually you "suggested" that we should "probably" submit a ticket to "see" if they will add it:

That's because that quote was taken out of context from a different thread with a different audience.

In this thread I asked specifically to submit a help desk ticket if you are affected by this problem.

• 3 months later...

I'm also getting a similar error installing Gallery with ImageMagick . I've submitted a ticket

• 1 month later...

Anybody got a result from the tickets submitted to the help desk?

I have the same problem with 2 image scripts in 2 diferent accounts at TotalchoiceHosting. I tried to enter the path as explained in a few topics of this forum but the scripts don't accept any of them. I have submitted 3 tickets this mounth for other problems and don't want to be a pain for them.

I have a question. If the script is located in a subfolder like http://www.example.com/mygallery is the path to ImageMagick /usr/local/bin still correct?

Edited by TCH-Andy