Shared Ssl

when attempting to connect to the shared SSL on server67

I first told this:

You can access your site using the shared ssl certificate of the server using the following link.

Link - https://server67.totalchoicehosting.com/~username

At present the certificate has expired. I am forwarding the ticket to the level 2 department. They will update you soon regarding this.

Then this:

I apologize for the previous reply. You are in a reseller server. We don't provide shared SSL for reseller servers. If you are in need of an SSL certificate, I am afraid that you have to purchase a dedicated SSL certificate.

Please let us know if you want to go ahead with the purchase of an SSL certificate.

I replied that I am not a reseller and my account is the silver plan.

this includes a shared SSL.

So I asked to be moved to a server where I could use a shared SSL since I only want to test functionality.

to which I received this:

Sorry, We will not be able to move any particular domain to another server. For resellers we do not provide shared ssl certificate. You can go for a starter plan which is $4.00. Then you can post a ticket with us to copy the contents you want to test to the new account. Let us know if you require any thing else.

My question is why should I have to start another account when shared SSL is supposed to be included.

Do these people receive commission for selling SSL installs and licenses?

All I want is what is supposed to be included in my original hosting plan.

Am I in the wrong?

Your account has been moved, just to clear something up. your account was originally on a standard server, not a reseller server. you requested it be moved and that is normally against our policy, for some reason the tech on duty moved it anyway (that tech is no longer with us by the way) It was moved to a reseller server for some reason.

just moving from one server to another in the same DNS zone it usually doesnt take long. i was able to see the site on the new server within a couple of minutes. If you cant see it try holding down shift and clicking reload, or clearing your cache