Linking Question

TCH-Thomas

I dont want to hijack another thread in another part of this forum so I take the opportunity to place a quote here instead from TCH-Jim.

A complimentary site is one that goes along the same topic as yours. If you have an Alligator Wrestling site then a link from a Yo-Yo manufacturer site would help, but a link from an Alligator Museum would be a much better link.

But lets say I have a company that sells boats and I link to other sites about boats, will not my site suffer from that then if those linked sites also sells boats and their prices drops?

Hey, Thomas!

If I have a site that sells boats, then I would want to link to sites that offer other boating resources...not other sites that sell boats. Make sense? Like...places to dock boats, or places that sell accessories for boats that my site doesn't sell, or boating communities...stuff like that.

Just my 02 cents, anyway.

You are correct. You don't want to link to competitor's stes but to complimentary sites. In your example, sites that sell fishing poles, GPS units, charts, shiny brass fixtures, etc. but not anyone that sells the same things you do.

My charter fishing boat client has links to swimsuits that let the sun through for an even tan and sunglasses for example.

You can't see anything! It is a material that covers the skin (from view), but lets the ultra-violet rays tan the skin beneath it. The tanned skin is then displayed only by choice and at the complete discretion of the tanee! Nice try though.

I think you'd look good in sunglasses, Madman! :dance: