Sign in to follow this  
natimage

New Country Artist

Which image do you like best for a cd cover?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which image do you like best for a cd cover?

• PHOTO 1
    • PHOTO 2

Gatlin is a very traditional country musician. He currently does gigs in the local area performing mostly cover tunes. His style is heavily influenced by singers like George Strait, Merle Haggard, Bob Wills, Alan Jackson, Waylon Jennings and Johnny Lee.

This first album will have original songs on it with a very traditional sound. Some are upbeat and fun, while there are a few that are more mellow.

PHOTO 1

cd1small.jpg

PHOTO 2

cd2small.jpg

Edited by natimage

Did it not show for you, Thomas? It's right beneath photo 1 for me...??? Anyone else having trouble?

No tellin'...thanks for letting me know!! It showed up for me on preview and original post, but then when I cleared my cache, it went away! Computers... :)

:)

Hard to say. The black hat is a new look for him .

#1 is nice , familiar look and stance but I like the 'pensive' look of #2 as well.

Difficult to choose not knowing what the content is.

Good point Boxturt. Gatlin is a very traditional country musician. He currently does gigs in the local area performing mostly cover tunes. His is heavily influenced by singers like George Strait, Merle Haggard, Bob Wills, Alan Jackson, Waylon Jennings and Johnny Lee.

This first album will have original songs on it with a very traditional sound. Some are upbeat and fun, while there are a few that are more mellow.

I'll edit this into the poll to hopefully help anyone else make a better vote!

I liked #2 because he looks more serious, and sexy. :dance: The first is nice, but the pose is a little youthful. If he's wanting to walk in the footsteps of some of the older country giants then he probably wants to portray a more mature image.

I like #1. I like the background much better...it's not as distracting. I think he looks 'baby faced' in the 2nd one, much more mysterious and sexy in the first. And the composition of #1 is just way better.... the angle of the hat complements the way his body cuts the square layout and is echoed by the neckline of his shirt., the lettering in the blank area (instead of in the busy-ness of his striped shirt and whatever that bar is across the bottom of #2) is more eye-catching and easier to read, the contrast of the white shirt and the black hat. It's just a much better image. Much more artistic... Wish he didn't have the goofy smile though!

<edit: I had the numbers wrong... changed now>

I like #2 better. He looks a bit younger but not too young and serious but not too serious. Just better all around I think.

Thanks for all the input and comments! I will pass along the info. to Gatlin, as he will be the one making the final decision! Thanks again! :huh:

Sheesh,

Not 2. Too busy, I am drawn to whats behind him. 1 cause it is clean and simple and I dont have to get mad cause his blinds are in better shape than mine.

Hey, Rob! I can always count on you to make me look at something just a little differently and smile!!! Number 1 has been my favorite all along. But, it's good to be able to tell him what people think! He's new at this and only 22 yrs old! I will be sure and pass along the thoughts about the blinds!!! :huh:

Tell us when his CD comes out!

I'm a country fan (although I tend to lean more toward country/pop than traditional country), so I'd probably buy one. :huh:

Tell us when his CD comes out!

I'm a country fan (although I tend to lean more toward country/pop than traditional country), so I'd probably buy one. :huh:

Awesome...will do. Hopefully within the next 2 months it will be available! You can listen to some clips on His Site. However, the clips were put on before the final recording of the songs. He said the clips are almost embarrasing compared to his final recording recording. But...check 'em out if you like!!!

...don't critique the homepage to hard. Layout of content needs a lot of work. Not to mention updating.