Sign in to follow this  
tamiep

Where Do I Begin?

Hello,

I have a website, well not yet, but it will be called www.momeplace.com. Which will be a website for families with children and will include an auction area (I'm sure I'll have more questions when I put that up YIKES)

Now, I do not have the index page for MEM up yet, but I have made a kind of sub-website that is for my belly dance instruction service, that is called Undulations. I made this in FrontPage.

So first, how do I get this up without having the MEM index page up yet, or do I need to just make a generic one for now, and will the Undulations URL be momeplace.com/undulations or is there a better way to do it?

I took FrontPage, HTML, JavaScript and Perl classes a couple of years ago, but don't remember much of it.

Tamie

You can make a subdomain called undulations in cPanel and use an FTP program to upload the files to momeplace.com/undulations. Then it can be accessed via undulations.momeplace.com.

:dance: Welcome to the Family Tamie :dance:

and your new home!

We really are like family here.

So if you need anything,

just ask your new family!

We love to help :)

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Well if this is home, then I'm going in the kitchen to make me some hot chocolate and toast, sit on the floor, and watch "Rocky Horror." It's that time of year. Want to join me? I wish there was a "Rocky Horror" smiley, I'd put it right here.

Tamie

I'm obsessing over some things. This is why I haven't put the MomePlace site up yet.

Is there going to be a problem if the MEP homepage is called "index" and the Undulations page is also called "index?"

No they are in different folders,

and the normal page for any folder is index.html or index.htm or index.php

That is what your server will look for in any folder.

If you do not have an index page in your public_html folder, then any one visiting you will see all your files and folders.

So its a good idea to have an index page in your root folder (public_html)

Edited by TCH-Don