Change Account Info

palosaa

Thomas gave the right answers.

Moving for organization.

I've spent most of today circling the TCH site, Forums, Email, and a total circle with HelpDesk (Tickets) and I surmised from it all that you're tagline is correct - that there are "only dumb answers."

What those at TCH don't seem to think beyond when it comes to our accounts is that maybe we want to use our Visa to renew our account instead of MasterCard this time. or the site owner has got a new Tech, or we can't remember how we paid the first or last time or don't know when the account renewal comes due or our email address changed. There is a whole 'host' (excuse the pun) of reasons why we need to access our account profile and you don't seem to have one for us. With all the resources TCH has - you can't provide us with our account profiles?

The crux of the thing too is that today, I set up a ticket asking how to renew the account, and when the answer back was to open an account (sheesh!), and tried to respond - HelpDesk went down. So I sent an email to tech support letting them know it wasn't working and they send a note that they've opened a Ticket - duh!

After a day of drilling through TCH, CPanel, and other resources, I discovered that my clients account here at TCH expires in 7 days. Dropping the long weekend off, that gives me 3 days (nixing today which is a total write off) - 3 days to convince your Technical department to fix the HelpDesk so I can finally reply to a ticket that has the wrong answer that I do indeed want you to take my money - again and to try and get a straight answer how I can do this without buying a second account - which is the first "dumb" answer I got.

BTW - the ticket did tell me to check with the company that my client paid through. Who was that, and we think the Card once used has a new number (cards are renewed by banks didn't you know), how do we REnew, not buy a second account as suggested, but REnew?

renew v. 1 revive; make new again; restore to the original state. 2 reinforce; resupply; replace. 3 repeat or re-establish, resume after an interruption (renewed our acquaintance). 4 (also absol.) grant or be granted continuation of (a licence, subscription, lease, etc.). 5 recover (strength etc.). renewable adj. renewal n.Oxford University Press Dictionary

They only way to log in to Paysystems to check ones account or update it is to provide a credit card n umber - the one used - the one that expired a while ago and was replaced a while ago. Know what people do with old cards? They shred em. It's one of the many reasons most host have a client profile area where Host customers can change information as it happens.

What part of "card has expired" and new number/card issued doesn't anyone understand?

BTW - your link mentions several times to opening a Ticket - HelpDesk isn't working. I've mentioned at least 6 times how HelpDesk is down and the only response I get is that someone will open a Ticket on the issue - sigh.

Anyone can post links to irrelevant information - it takes courage to provide an answer.

The Help Desk is working, I have been on in the past few hours and other techs have been there all day. I would suggest trying to open a new ticket to Billing and request a link to open a new billing account. Once that is set up we can cancel the old billing. You might try using a different browser to see if there is some problem in your browser settings causing a problem with accessing the Help Desk.

Anyone can post links to irrelevant information - it takes courage to provide an answer.
I apoligize for not spewing some long winded reply.
I've spent most of today circling the TCH site, Forums, Email, and a total circle with HelpDesk (Tickets) and I surmised from it all that you're tagline is correct - that there are "only dumb answers."

It took me all of 15 seconds to do a search for "billing" to find that link.

Know what people do with old cards?

I gave you what information I had and do not appreciate the the attitude. But since you opened that door, it is no ones fault that your client does a poor job of maintaining records. As for me I maintain a record of credit cards that have expired or I have canceled for a year. Feel free to pass that on to your client, no charge.

As for your billing issue may I suggest a ticket to the Help Desk if that is not available you can try the Live Chat.

Edited by TCH-Dick

I spent the last hour or so looking over tickets and answers here on the forums. Every person that replied to you here and on the forums was trying to help, just as they always do. I'm sorry if it wasnt enough for you, or you felt like you were being brushed off but the answers you were given are the same answers we would give anyone else.

My only suggestion if we do that poorly is to look for a new host, how we do business isnt going to change, its what works for us and what has worked for us since we started.