Wordpress Plugin Problem

!!blue

I have installed WordPress and have tried two different weather plugins and neither of them show the icons. Check my test page of both of them here (the alt tag shows up with a green border):

h**p://blog.zoblue.com/a-weather.php

I'm using Get Weather:

h**p://wiki.wordpress.org/GetWeather

and Weather Icon:

h**p://www.sonicpling.net/archives/2004/02/20/weather-hack/

Neither of them show my images so I'm not sure what's going on?

The weather folders are set to 755 permissions and if you try to access an icon directly they do work:

Weather icon: h**p://blog.zoblue.com/wp-images/wicons/0cloud.png

Get Weather: h**p://blog.zoblue.com/wp-images/weather-icons/0.png

If you view the source of the a-weather.php page, you'll see that the image tag doesn't contain the icon's file name. The img src tag is not being populated with the file name needed to show the icon.

Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

thanks,

!!blue

!!blue, I'm not sure what's going on as I don't use wodpress and wouldn't know where to begin. We have a few WP users here though so hopefully someone can shed some light on this. In the meantime, you might consider posting on theri support forums or contacting the plugin author as they may be able to shed some light on this.

Let us know how it goes!

BTW: I've moved wordpress to the subdomain: h**p://blog.zoblue.com/.

But, yeah, that's what I mean Bruce, the php code must not be generating the icon's name according to the weather conditions. The PHP code is supposed to generate the image name according to the weather conditions and fill in the image src. The code does do the img tag, but not the file name of the image.

I've posted my problem in the WP's support forums. Hopefully I can get some help from the plugin's authors?

thanks,

!!blue

I had no problenm with it.

I edited

>$measurement_system = 's'; // 's' or 'm' (us feet, mph, etc || metric)
$iconDirURL = "http://your-server.com/weather-icons"; // no trailing slash, please

Then activated and added

><?php get_weather(94115); ?>

to my template.

My permissions are set to

getweather.php(644)

weather-icons(755)

-all file below(644)

ARRGHGHGHGH!!

Dick, I've tried that and tried the same city code. I even unrared (is that right?) the original GetWeather-with-icons.rar php file to replace the plugin and reuploaded it to my site. Then deactivated and reactivated the plugin. Still the same thing. Mad!!!

The weird thing is that my blog is still showing alt tags even though the php file I uploaded doesn't have the alt tag. It seems like it takes a while for the plugin to be reset.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to keep troubleshooting then. :)

Ok, I have given up. I have tried everything, even hitting the computer! ;) (don't worry, it survived) So, I'm just not going to use the weather plugin. I tried everything that the members over at the WP forum suggested and nothing worked.

meh

later,

!!blue

Ok, one of the plugin's authors (Jeremiah) edited the PHP file that grabs the weather. Here's the support forum entry: h**p://wordpress.org/support/10/14051 It includes a link to the latest WeatherIcon php file too.

Looks like the php file somehow wouldn't grab the image or generate the image's name. So he edited/tweaked/reworked the php code. ;)

later,

!!blue