Sign in to follow this  
LunarMagic

Website Downloading

I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I've looked over them all and I just can't find the category that would suit... feel free to move if you have better luck.

I've had a problem for a while now and it's getting to the point where I can't come up with an answer myself and something needs to get done. There's a website I want to burn to disk, only every way I think of doing it would end up with the whole website being mangled with broken links, images, and code.

See the problem is that all my webpages are written in PHP, so what I save HAS to be the server-processed version, not the backend version. So FTP or normal backups just won't cut it. Now the only way I know of to save the page as it is displayed at that point in time is by using the File-Save menu in the browser. But that can only be done one page at a time and I have HUNDREDS of pages that need to be saved.

My only options at this point are to just save the text itself and forget about the site structure and any navigation between pages. But I had really hoped to be able to take the entire site as someone would see it visiting the URL and burn it to disk to archive.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who's been stumped by this before. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Have a look at somethink like h**p://www.tucows.com/offline95_rating.html or do a google search for "capture offline offline" or similar.

http://www.httrack.com/ is what I have used in the past

Does hotlink protection interfere with this at all? If I want to do this with my site, do I need to disable my hotlink protection to get all the images to display in the downloaded version?

http://www.httrack.com/ is what I have used in the past

Does hotlink protection interfere with this at all? If I want to do this with my site, do I need to disable my hotlink protection to get all the images to display in the downloaded version?

I'm not sure, I havent tried it with hotlink protection turned on

It shouldn't - most of those programs look like browsers to the server.