Connecting To Mysql Remotely

reelwild

I'm trying to access mySQL database via Navicat to import data. I can;t seem to get anyof the settings correct.

It wants:

Host Name/IP address

Port

User Name

Password

I've used our web address, port 3306, the user name for the database & the password. I've also allowed access via MySQL account maintenance for the host.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joanne

I can connect remotely with no problems to mine.

I added % to the hosts in cpanel. This removes all ip-based security.

Make sure the username is correct - it has your cpanel username at the front of it

Make sure the database name is correct - it has your cpanel username at the front ot it.

Make sure your password is correct - it does NOT have your cpanel username at the front of it,

For the hostname, make sure to use ****** exactly like that.

The port should be 3306.

Make sure your firewall allows connections both ways through port 3306.

Don't worry about the privledges - leave them at default for full access...

• 1 year later...
I'm trying to access mySQL database via Navicat to import data. I can;t seem to get anyof the settings correct.

I am trying to figure out remote database management, mostly for backups. I checked out Naicat, and while it seems reasonably priced I have a preference for shareware.

Did you try out multiple packages before deciding on Navicat ? If so what features does Navicat have that made you decide to use it ?

jayr