Hiding Your Email In Your Webpage, How?

Hi;

I am looking for ways of hiding email address/s in your webpage from email collector, I have seen some topics but I lost the link, and I am not sure if I have seen it in TCH forum or not.

I am sure there are couple of ways to protect your email addresses by encryption or other ways,

your help is appreciated in advance.

I never place my email address inside a web page.

On my own website, I use a PHP form mailer that allows people to fill out a form and send me an email. My email address is encoded inside the PHP script, but the script is not accessed directly by a web browser, so I don't have to worry about it being harvested by spambots.

If I am leaving a comment on someone's blog, I will always code my email address with some extra characters that are easily recognizable by a human that they need to be removed but will not be understood by a spambot. For example, "myemailREMOVETHISTEXT@email.com."

I have seen others write their email address as "emailname - at - domain - dot - extension"

It's all a matter of how you want to do it. TCH also has a page describing different methods of "hiding" your email address. (http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/help/id197.htm)

I would like to stress that I personally don't trust any email address obfuscating method with 100% reliability because I don't know much about spambots, and they may be getting more intelligent as time goes by. So take all suggestions with that in mind.

I use a javascript piece of code that constructs the email address in the visitor's browser. Currently there are no email scrapers that I know of which render scripts. It's probably not going to be long before they do so the form is a much better solution since you're at a point you can do that just as well as a script. I just wanted to mention another common way. Not better, but common.

• 2 weeks later...