Sign in to follow this  
borfast

Faster Updates For Dns Root Servers Arrive

From Slashdot

VeriSign's DNS Rapid Update notice period (as announced on NANOG mailing list) expires today. Beginning September 9, 2004 the SOA records of the .com and .net zones will be updated every 5 minutes instead of twice a day. The format of the serial number is also changing from the current YYYYMMDDNN to a new one that depicts the UTC time.
Edited by TCH-Raul

Sorry, I'm almost falling asleep while typing, I'm really tired, I forgot to write the main thing I was going to write :\

Basically it means that when you register a domain, it will no longer take hours or a day or two for your domain to become available, it will become available much faster, as the DNS servers will be updated every five minutes.

Does this mean that domain name propagation will be faster?

Sigh, still waiting for my domain name to connect to the server... It's been 24 hours... :)

Yeah, I am a little tired.

Yeah, Now Domains will propogate Faster, however still cannot be said Instant, but much better than before as Zones would be updated every 5 minutes.

:)

Yeah thats true for me as currently my ISP(BSNL INDIA) is showing a lot of cached pages, Thats a shame for them, its getting on my nerves. :)