Sign in to follow this  
dlevens

What Imap Email Client Do You Use?

Hello everyone, time to hash this over again. For those IMAP users out there what email client are you using?

So far I tried Outlook 2003, Thunderbird, Pegasus, Squirrelmail, and Horde. I have to say I am not impressed. Where is the perfect IMAP client for windows?

Outlook as everyone knows sucks at IMAP and cannot handle even moving deleted items to trash over the line through deleted email. Thunderbird is probably the best I tried but sucks at dealing with forwarding html emails and also very buggy these days. Pegasus is clunky and confusing interface and squirrel and horde are too limited and slow to use as an all in one solution.

There has to be something better for IMAP users than this right?

Dennis

Funny,

I have always used Outlook for IMAP at my previous work and all 400 of us never had issues moving or deleting items. I still wont be of any help though as we use Notes now and I wouldnt let anyone use that.

Good luck in your search though.

Dennis, I use Evolution and Thunderbird (since you're talking about Windows only, scratch Evolution from the list, it's Unix only). I like thunderbird a lot. What exactly are you looking for in an IMAP client that any of those don't have to offer?

Thunderbird is what I currently still use, but it still feels buggy. Many little picky issues, like updating the unread email count correctly on folders besides inbox, forwarding html email is broken unless you forward as attachment, addressbook is not that great compared to outlook, and a few other things I cannot think of right now but discover as I use the program. Just seems not ready for prime time yet, and as more updates are released more bugs are fixed but many new bugs replace the old type of thing.

Still hunting for that perfect super light, clean, fast and super reliable replacement. I am stuck on IMAP so my choices are limted. I cannot go back to pop now that I am used to imap. It is so convienent to have my folder list follow me from webmail to thundermail from my home computer to any computer with intenet access. Everything I need follows me and my sorting follows as well.

Dennis