Cpanel Demo Down + Some Questions.

dcasal

The link from the front page to the CPANEL demo, which points to:

http://cpaneldemo.cpanel.net:2082/

From http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/web-hosting-cpanel.html

Seems to be dead.

Also, I have some questions. As I said on my previous post (sorry to flood in like that), I need to transfer some domains. Here goes:

-I've read in some people's posts that there is an offer on domain transfers. Where is it advertised? I'd like to take it up...

-Are the reseller programs really the only way to host multiple domains with independent accounts? I say this because I only have 3 domains, it seems overkill (not that you don't offer good value!).

-Finally, if I'm hosting mydomain.co.uk and mypartnersdomain.co.uk with you, will we get independent control of our domains? I mean, if she has an MT blog, and so do I, do we get different public_html folders, different cgi-bin folders, etc.? So that when we muck about we're not stepping on each other's toes?

Thanks very much for you time in answering these questions. I look forward to starting our first family domain-group with you guys!

Cheers,

David

Hi David, I'll try and answer these.

The cPanel demo is a link to cPanel's site. So if the link is not working the problem lies with the cPanel site and not TCH.

The demo's on cPanel's site are down because they are moving them to new servers. But you can see some sample screens and more information about cPanel with this link. http://cpanel.net/features-cpanel.html

-I've read in some people's posts that there is an offer on domain transfers. Where is it advertised? I'd like to take it up...
Have a look at this page. http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/help/domainpage.htm

-Are the reseller programs really the only way to host multiple domains with independent accounts? I say this because I only have 3 domains, it seems overkill (not that you don't offer good value!).

You can purchase a reseller account and be able to manage as many domains as you wish with the Web Host Manager (WHM) and each domain will have their own cPanel. You set the size/bandwidth limits to the packages you create.

You can also purchase individual accounts, your choice.

-Finally, if I'm hosting mydomain.co.uk and mypartnersdomain.co.uk with you, will we get independent control of our domains? I mean, if she has an MT blog, and so do I, do we get different public_html folders, different cgi-bin folders, etc.? So that when we muck about we're not stepping on each other's toes?

Yes, either way you decide reseller account or individual domains each domain will have their own cPanel and web folders.

Hope this helps.

Edited by TCH-Bruce

The cPanel demo is a link to cPanel's site. So if the link is not working the problem lies with the cPanel site and not TCH.
Ah, yup I see. cpaneldemo.cpanel.com pings ok, but the app on port 2082 seems unavailable at the moment. Sorry to bug you with that.

You can purchase a reseller account and be able to manage as many domains as you wish with the Web Host Manager (WHM) and each domain will have their own cPanel. You set the size/bandwidth limits to the packages you create.

Huh. Ok then!

You can also purchase individual accounts, your choice.

Yes, either way you decide reseller account or individual domains each domain will have their own cPanel and web folders.

That's fantastic, thank you! One last thing though: no problem hosting .co.uk domains, I take it? Because can see the the UK TLDs are about $10 per two years, so I'm assuming you guys have no problem hosting UK domains. Correct?

Sorry to be a pain even before I join, but I needed to be sure. I love the speed on this forum! Getting onto reseller plan, I think.

Cheers,

David

I've just gone to register for the reseller plan, but on entering my domain details for the primary domain (davidcasal.com) and checking 'paypal' as my payment method, I get "Domain davidcasal.com already exists on this system"...

I did click back on my browser when I changed my mind about payment method (the system doesn't like 'switch' cards). Perhaps the session stored the domain name and won't let me proceed?

Any ideas?

That's fantastic, thank you! One last thing though: no problem hosting .co.uk domains, I take it? Because can see the the UK TLDs are about $10 per two years, so I'm assuming you guys have no problem hosting UK domains. Correct?

No problem.

I see you are signing up. So I'll be the first to say "Welcome to the family, David".

After you get settled in head on over to the Introductions forum and introduce yourself for your official welcome.