Sound Card Advice Appreciated

TCH-Thomas

I havent decided yet, but Im thinking about buying a sound card. Right now I have some built in sound with motherboard I think.

It doesnt need to be anything fancy, just plain good sound quality and for a wallet that is thin. ;)

Anyone have recommendations? :P

If your happy with the sound coming out of your motherboard, I'd stick with it. The latest motherboards have v good on board sound cards, some even with inbuilt 5.1 audio. Which brings me to ask, are you after 5.1, 7.1 audio or just a plain and simple 2 speaker job?

James

The latest motherboards have v good on board sound cards...
I think mine is from 2001 or something.

are you after 5.1, 7.1 audio or just a plain and simple 2 speaker job?

2 speaker job unless someone can convince me why should have more ;) , except for gaming, which I do very little of. :P

Also why I asked this from beginning is that for a long long time the sound in one of the speakers disappears for a few seconds and then coming back. And it keeps doing that.

I have my computer connected to the stereo´s amplifier and have done some investigating that it is not either the amplifier (or its speakers) or the cable between the amp and comp that makes it disappear, so I figured with installing a new separate card, the problem will go away.

Edited by Jikrantz