Copy To Pasteboard

CRO8

Hey all

I have a question about a copy button. I heard javascript can do this. But let me explain my situation and then see what my options are. I have a 4 column table with all the info. this table will be created using php pulling data from a mysql database.

Each coupon offer will have a code associated with it. I want to be able to have a button or even better have the code be a hyperlink where it can be clicked, and have the code copied to the pasteboard, so someone can paste it on another site.

Can someone point me in a direction?

Thanks!

I have been scouring around a bit and can only come up with the JS script you mentioned.

From what I am able to gather, without client side scripting, and that includes JS, you may not be able to do what you ask.

I am still looking, though... I am just not as familiar with php as I would like to be yet.

I found this script on hotscripts and it works fine when I place it by itself in a page. But what I want to do is use the cpanel > mysql and place it within the code column in my table- but not working. Check out my code.

><script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

function ClipBoard() 
{
holdtext.innerText = copytext.innerText;
Copied = holdtext.createTextRange();
Copied.execCommand("Copy");
}
</SCRIPT> 

<SPAN ID="copytext">
sgeueie8
</SPAN> <br>

<TEXTAREA ID="holdtext" STYLE="display:none;">