Sign in to follow this  
AtomicVPp

Copyright Help.

Hello TCH.

I am working on a part of my site that I want to post pictures of friends from an event. I would like to know about the legality of this so that I can protect myself from being sued (even though that is a very remote possibility).

I am thinking that if I didn't post any personal info other than the person's first name and the state that they are from I would be safe. I would state that, "I will remove any particular picture at request."

Another approach is to contact everyone and get their permission before I post the pictures and information.

I also would like to post videos of performances, such as tap dancing to "In the Navy" by The Village People. I need to know what I should do to protect myself from being sued (because I would be including "In the Navy" by The Village People). Of course the sound quality is not very good because there are people cheering and other noises.

Thank you,

-Tim

Thank you for the help. What about the songs? should I write the creators of the songs?

-Tim

Yes, absolutely contact the song artists, but don't hold your breath. Getting permission from professionals is a rare event.