Moving!

TCH-Dick

I'm excited and just needed to tell more ppl about our new house :)

We are moving next month from a small 2 bedroom mobile home to a big 3 bedroom house!!! In the 16 years we have been married we have always lived in apartments or something else VERY small.

Anyway, on to the pics!!!!

The front

100_1590.JPG

The side

100_1591.JPG

The back

100_1593.JPG

I am in the center of the lower

you will have to get familar with the location terms now :P

and point to the palm of your right hand to show where you live ;)

Hey, I grew up in Clare. Just north of center. ;)

Still have several relatives in that area.

Nice House Thumbs Up

but...

Mike forgot to tell them the best part!

He is moving to another state....

Bill

How is that the best part?

Mike if you start eating applesauce on your porkchops, I will never let you come back to Texas. ;)

Mike -

It's beautiful! Congratulations and best wishes for all good things in your move. Thumbs Up First thing you have to buy are a couple of good chairs for that fabulous porch - Adirondacks are quite wonderful! There's nothing like sitting on your ow porch in the still of a new morning with a fresh cup of coffee, getting the real news of the day from the birds.

I'm so happy for you and your wife! Does it come with a snow blower? ;)

Bunni loves that porch! ;)

Congrats, Mike!

A house, a real house.... :P

Better buy a winter coat! ;)

Thanks everyone :lol: we are really excited about the house, not so excited about the 1500 mile drive from Texas. Thank god for movers!!!

The porch was one of the main things that sold me on it, that and the hardwood floors :)

Ohmygoodness! A wrap-around porch AND hardwood floors???? :)

Hey TCH-Husband, can we move to Michigan??? They have wrap-around porches and hardwood floors there! :lol:

Officially jealous of you in that house... looks like where I grew up in AR.

Congrats to you and your wife!

Michigan, huh... Bill is giving you a raise... mmmkay :lol:

And I officially challenge Bill to a BBQ cook off... no premade sauce, though. It must be made by you! (not Mrs. HG)

No no no Bunni - you have to move to Bloomington! :)

Oh that's right! Um, does Bloomington offer wrap-around porches and hardwood floors?!!

Mike, congrats on the house - it's a most excellent looking place. You can even store the equipment in the garage if you need to - no, not the snow blower - the real Michigan equipment - snowmobiles!

I hope you can adjust to the climate quickly and I know you'll love the house! WTG Thumbs Up

Edited by TCH-Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Well we are in the new house now, unfortunately all of our furniture and 99% of our other belongings wont be here until the end of this week.

But its all good, we absolutely love the house and the town. Its nice and quiet and we have spent the last three days sitting on the porch. Moving from the desert with nothing to see but tumbleweeds and mesquite bushes its a HUGE change to see pine trees, oak trees, squirells, groundhogs, blue jays, cardinals etc in your front yard.

I feel like one of those ppl on the folgers coffee comercials, every morning I get up around 7, fix myself some coffee and sit on the porch.

Mike -

You're in for a real treasure if you take the time to make that morning cup of coffee a ritual. Watching the passage of a year as told to you by the trees and the birds and the squirrels and the plants is one of life's grander lessons - and privileges, in my book.

Congratulations to you and the wife on arriving at your new home! It's August - wow, it's almost showtime for those decidious trees and the squirrels are going to be dancing like crazy getting ready for the winter. You're in for a treat. Best of luck as you settle in.

Got your camera handy? :)