Need To Prevent Scrolling In Iframe

Ecoli

k, so i have an iframe in the center of my design where content for the subpages show up when the user clicks on targeted links.

on the first page, i need it to look like there is no frame there, so there is a graphic that is exactly the size of the iframe that fits the layout of the rest of the site.

basically i need to make sure no scrollbars show up on this page, but i can't disable them entirely on the iframe because some of the content pages need vertical scrolling.

i have set margins/etc on the page with the perfectly sized image so that in Safari and IE on the Mac (at least), there are no scrollbars. IE on Windows, however, puts scrollbars there. I want it to _not_ do that. :)

here's my disheveled site in whatever current form it's in...

www.thebandweather.com/index2.html

and here's the css for the page inside the iframe with the graphic (which is the same size as the iframe):

>.mainimg {
position: absolute;
top: 0px;
left: 0px;
border: none;
margin: 0;
}

body {
margin: 0;
}

and in the body:

bgcolor="white" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">

then img src="img/req/homegraphic.jpg" width="508" height="264" style="mainimg"

any ideas?

thanks!

skye

the first rev had no margins/etc set. i think adding them is what got rid of the scrolls in the two mac browsers (safari/ie)... now i just gotta get them gone in windows ie.

where would i stick height=90% ?

thx

skye

Just behind the margins.

I came across this in a HTML course. Not sure if it fits this problem but it was mentioned as preventing a scrollbar.

looked at html courses (In dutch so links won't help you:) ) but haven't found an answer yet. I am not in a position (read, at work) on trying it out myself or dug in real deep.

So I leave it at this..

Good luck,

grtx,

Richard

One thing that might help is, in addition to your margin:0; declaration, add padding:0;.

And you could use the height:90%;width:90%; as suggested above. You might only need to use 99%, or 98%, or . . . experimentation I guess. That would go in the code of the page being displayed in the frame, not the code of the frame itself.

Sadly, there may be nothing you can do in the end, because Microsoft always knows better.

raul - sorry, i didn't see the edit button (duh) -- i reported the thread and told whomever to delete it as i had reposted it. sorry for the double post.

as for the problem, i fixed it!

if anyone is curious, i added this to the img tag and the scrollbars went away in Windows IE:

>hspace="0" vspace="0" align="top"

that's it!

skye