Ie Likes Shoving My Form To The Bottom Of The Cell

Ecoli

It's just a simple input text field and a button enclosed in a form.

IE sticks the form at the bottom of the cell. I want it to sit in the vertical middle, like it's supposed to.

I've tried all sorts of css and html on the form, the table cell, and so forth, and nothing works like it's supposed to.

The closest I've gotten is by styling the form with a margin, which pushes it up from the bottom of the cell. However, if i go more than a few pixels, it stretches the cell out, which tears apart the table. Not nice! :)

Any quick fixes to this?

Thanks

Skye

Will you please provide a URL for the page you're working on so we can get a visual on it?

Thanks!

eh.. i suppose.. it's kind of a mess right now, i'm simultaneously working on several things that are partially implemented. :)

http://www.thebandweather.com/index2.html

it's the mailing list thing in the lower left. in the current state it's in right now, i'm not sure how it displays on PCs, but i've got it looking pretty solid in safari and IE in OSX.

i realize i am going to get a pile of crap for doing such a table-dependant site, however i did not _design_ the front end for once and was forced to make a non-webdesigner's layout work.

thanks

skye

yep, tried that (in the TD tag, right?)... actually i think i stuck that about everywhere i could.

doesn't work... it's weird... it's like IE adds gravity to the form so it sinks like a rock no matter what html/css i put in.

i just thought of another possibility, a stupid little nested table (i know, i know...) inside that cell that might keep it afloat... i'll have to mess with that.

thanks

skye

welp, after playing with it more i am now realizing it's not the form itself that is breaking apart the table... it's something else in windows ie that doesn't play nice. it renders fine in the other browsers i've tested, but for some reason that row in windows ie is getting stretched out no matter what i try.

i've had problems similar to this one before, and it's usually been fixed by hours of playing with td alignment and other crap, but so far no help...

oh well. perhaps it'll snap back into place by itself somehow. :)

or maybe i can tell the users not to use windows ie (ya right).

skye