Sad Day In Glenn-land

ThumpAZ

Well, I learned last night that a buddy of mine, and fellow 4-wheel drive enthusiast lost his life on Staurday, along with his newly-married 24 yr-old son.

Dennis Robbins and his son were coming down a hill called $100 Hill at the Cinders OHV Park near Fagstaff, AZ when there was a failure in the vehicle. This happened near the top of the very steep hill (which most people oinly attempt to drive up) and approximately 12 complete rolls happened before the vehicle came to rest.

Both passengers were ejected from their harnesses (I am hearing that they only had on the lap belts of their 4-point harnesses) and rolled over by the vehicle multiple times. Mind you, this is not the normal Jeep you see tooling around on the highways, and was very well built and very capable... It's just that Mother Nature and others have plans for us.

Really makes me rethink my priorities when it comes to my own Jeep and the plans I have for modifications. You think "Build it bigger, then fit the safety measures in. Now, at the shop I help out at, we discussed all last night how to integrate the buildup AROUND the safety measures.

I would appreciate it if you all could remember to tell those close to you that you love them, becuase you never know what tomorrow may bring.

Here are some shots of Dennis doing what he loved (copy and paste into your browser)

www.azvjc.org/oldsite/Gallery/View.asp?U=2325

I'm sorry to hear the news, also, Glenn.

It's really a sad thing indeed.

So sorry to hear of your friends' passing - how tragic to lose both of them. My condolences to you, their family and their many other friends who must be grieving such an aching loss.

I would appreciate it if you all could remember to tell those close to you that you love them, becuase you never know what tomorrow may bring.

Here are some shots of Dennis doing what he loved

Thank you for sharing your loss and also the pictures of Dennis doing what he loved. I am sad for you and your friends.

Especial thank you for your wise reminder: Indeed, we know not what tomorrow or even today will bring.

Betsy