Sign in to follow this  
vendlus

Paypal Shopping Cart

Has anyone here used Paypal's Shopping Cart? Any thoughts on it one way or the other?

If so, can you verify for me that it is basically independent of my site, so I could create my store and then add it as almost an afterthought? I would really like to be able to design my site in CSS and many of the shopping carts I am seeing do not work easily with pure CSS formatting (ie. no tables).

You can use the PayPal buttons on your site. When they select something a window will pop up with a running total of what they will buy. At the end they can check out at PayPals site and tell it to direct them back to a predetermined page after their purchase.

Thanks Rob.

After reading the first 40 pages or so of their install manual (it's about 140 pages), I think I'll plan to use this. It seems to allow for complete site flexibility since they are separate from your pages, but at the same time you can customize the colors and images they use. I think what sold me is that they allow people to pay via credit card without actually being Paypal members. Thumbs Up

If anyone else has any advice or thoughts, please post them. I'm just starting with even designing the site, so it's not like this decision is final or anything. :lol:

- Christopher