Sign in to follow this  
Klara

Webmail Javascript

Hi,

I am trying to install the webmail javascript found at:

http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/help/webmailpage.htm

However, it continously gives me a "Page Can not be Displayed" .... even when I use the script that is setup as a test one.

My ports 2095 and 2096 are both working as I can get to webmail by using the standard way of entering http://****/webmail

Can someone look at the script and see if is still a valid working script ???

Thanks

If you are speaking about the script made by Head guru that is mentioned on that page, its because Microsoft develped a security patch for that. If that patch is installed on a computer, the script will not work for that computer. However the script will work/be viewable for any computer that does not have the patch.

Edited by Jikrantz

... Thanks for the quick reply ... I guess I have the patch ... so its back to the drawing board ...

Again Thanks ... Rock Sign

Actually, there is a reg edit that fixes (or overcomes) the limitation that was introduced by the Feb 2004 Microsoft IE security update.

STEP 1:

For Windows 2000/XP, put the following into a text file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE]

"iexplore.exe"=dword:00000000

"explore.exe"=dword:00000000

Or, for Windows 98, put the following into a text file:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE]"explore.exe"=dword:00000000

"iexplore.exe"=dword:00000000

STEP 2:

Rename the file something like ie-fix.reg

STEP 3:

Double click on the .reg file you have just created it, and you will get a pop up wiondow asking for you to confirm that you want to apply the selected registry change.

HTH!

-kw