Denial Of Service Attacks

quinbus

My current host (Urban-ISP) just announced that they may have to close their doors due to continuing DOS attacks that have taken out their mail and most server access. They have purchased floodgard as a stopgap measure but my business site is still dark.

Browsing your site suggests a certain seriousness that seems lacking at my current provider, but would appreciate your assurances that DOS attacks have been planned for at TCH and mechanisms are in place to deal with the problem should it arise (God forbid).

Q!

Perhaps my vocabulary was faulty.

I guess what I'm asking if it just part of this business to expect that your website could just be off-the-air for days at a time. What does it mean when you say "they are dealt with when the occur?"

Thanks for the quick response.

Q!

Head Guru has a very good track record in dealing with DDOS attacks here at TCH.

They are rare, but f they happen, things are dealt with in an efficient manner. i.e. Targeted domains suspended, routes re-posted (I think that's the term) and everything worked very quickly to keep any downtime to an absolute minimum.

Downtimes are MUCH shorter here than you are describing with your current provider. More like "less than an hour" to "a few hours" in a nightmare situation.

There is always up-to-the minute info posted in these forums to let members know what's going on.

Just an observation from watching over the past year+.

--- Dave