More Questions

karlfranz

;) I'm suprised by your VERY fast rely,a very good customer service!I spent 3 hours looking through your site and I have some more questions now.

1. What payable system do your company use?Is it safe?

2. The private domain name registration is a good service,but why it is even cheaper than the plubic registration?

3. Your server is backup each day,how long will it take each time?(because I know the linking speed will be slow when backing up)

4. Do your service offers me a message board?If yes,can I have a sample to see? B)

Can't answer the other questions but I can answer #4. PhpBB is a bulletin board that is installable directly from the cPanel. You can go to http://www.phpbb.com to see more about it Invision Board is pretty easy to install and you can see a sample, it's what this forum runs. I installed it on my site and it went smoothly. Their website is http://www.invisionboard.com/.

There is an advanced guestbook that can be installed directly from the cPanel. Sounds like it would do what you want. There is also a simple guestbook but it is much more limited and is not directly visible to other users. In addition, as baseline mentioned you can install almost any php or perl guestbook that you want.

1. What payable system do your company use?Is it safe?
We use 2checkout, and yes, it is very safe. You can feel confident in entering your credit card information.

2. The private domain name registration is a good service,but why it is even cheaper than the plubic registration?

The proxy registration is an additional charge, beyond the normal registration fee.

3. Your server is backup each day,how long will it take each time?(because I know the linking speed will be slow when backing up)
This is impossible to say, because each server is different as far as the number of clients, and the data stored on them.

4. Do your service offers me a message board?If yes,can I have a sample to see?

Yes, we offer a forum, and a couple of guestbooks. I do not know of any guestbook demos available, but maybe someone reading this thread

can offer a link to view theirs. We do not have any demos available for the guestbook.

Thanks! B)

I quickly installed Advanced Guestbook onto my test site so that you could see it. (Y'all are welcome to leave a quick entry if you like so that we can see what it looks like as it gets populated.) I did not change ANY settings from the default. So what you see is what you will get if you do the cPanel install of Advanced Guestbook.

I'll probably take the book off the test site in a week or two.

Lianna

oops. The link.

Thank you very much to lstover! :rolleyes:

This is a good guestbook,it doesn't display IP,that's safe to visitors :)

I have two questions about this questbook to ask lstover.

1. Can I set the pictures myself?(to let the visitors to choose)

2. Can I change the language of the guestbook?(as the same way of forum)

Thank you very much to lstover! You're welcome!

This is a good guestbook,it doesn't display IP,that's safe to visitors That is a setting that you can turn on and off via the Administration panel

I have two questions about this questbook to ask lstover.

1. Can I set the pictures myself?(to let the visitors to choose) Not sure what pictures you are talking about?

2. Can I change the language of the guestbook?(as the same way of forum) I just changed mine to German so that you could see it. Available are Dutch, English, German, Polish.

Let me know what you mean by the pictures and I'll test it out for you.

Lianna

You can allow the visitors to upload their own pictures. I don't see an actual 'gallery' feature available where you would give them certain sets of pics to choose from. That is more like Avatars in Bulletin Board applications though. I'm not sure yet that I understand your desire for the Guestbook rather than Bulleting Board.

I really don't know the answer to your question about the install of different languages. From looking in the guestbook folder on the server, there is a folder called /lang within which there is a .php file that contains translations such as:

$LANG["BookMess1"]  = "HTML code is disabled";

$LANG["BookMess2"]  = "HTML code is enabled";

$LANG["BookMess3"]  = "Sign the Guestbook";

$LANG["BookMess4"]  = "Back to Guestbook";

$LANG["BookMess5"]  = "Administration";

Seems that creating a chinese based .php file could easily be accomplished and added in.

Again though, I think that for a more robust and flexible application you should look into phpBB or Invision Board.

Lianna

1. The pictures that is displayed under visitors' name(in GIF format)

2. Have other language?can I set by myself?(I want Chinese Traditional)

As far as I can see there are no pictures under the usernames in the Advanced Guestbook. Those are called avatars in this board (and others like it).

As for the languages, there are a few included in the Advanced Guestbook install you can do from the cPanel (which is real easy to install). I found the homepage for the program at http://www.proxy2.de/scripts.php. You can download the file (Advanced Guestbook). It is a newer version but you can upload the lang directory to your install and get many more language modules. I don't know much (anything) about chinese but the spanish module works fine with the older version. There are a couple of chinese modules included as well. Worth a try.

As for the other concern about users not wanting to register, you can set this board up to allow guests to leave messages without registering. The advantage of a board rather than the guestbook is that you can have different categories and organize things better. It also is follow different conversations. In a guestbook you would end up with lots of conversations mixed together. I like a guestbook so I can see who is using my site. I like the Bulletin Board to allow users to talk with each other.