Coppermine And Mysql Databases

claypage

Greetings all!

I am trying to install coppermine image gallery to one of my websites, www.cnucirclek.org. However, I am having difficulty because it says it cannot find the database. I installed coppermine to another website earlier, and had no problems. However, that was a few weeks ago, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly this time.

I'm at the screen which asks for me to input the administrator user name and password, the database name, and the database user and password. I had created a database called "coppermine" with cpanel, but when I try using the name coppermine in the installation, it says it cannot be found. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I would appreciate any help that you all may offer.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi,

You'll probably find that if you add your account user name in front of both the database name and the database user name along with an underscore character that it'll work ...

eg:

If your TCH username was fred then the database name would be fred_coppermine

If the username that you've set up for the database was freddie, then it'd be fred_freddie

Hope that helps,

Ali.

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, it's still not working. It's still giving me the error:

"mySQL could not locate a database called 'qvlilrpt_coppermine' please check the value entered for this"

I have done as you suggested placing my account name before the database name and database user name. I'm not sure what else to do...

Thanks again for your assistance.

Matt

In the coppermine database server field, have you tried setting it to "localhost"?

Also, Try taking a look at the database username again in cpanel to see what it shows it as.

If you've gone over x number of characters, it'll shorten the name.

Could well be that.

Hope that helps,

Ali

I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong. I installed this for another site I do, and I didn't have any problems. Here are screenshots of cpanel and the coppermine installation. Perhaps there's something there I'm missing.

This is the installation screen.

copperminehelp.jpg

This is cpanel.

copperminehelp2.jpg

Again, I truly appreciate your help. If there's anything else that you might need, please let me know.

Matt

Thank you!!! I added a user, but didn't know I had to put that user with the database! The funny thing is though, when I installed coppermine to another site I do, I never had to do that. The databases even look different in both sites when I view them with cpanel. Regardless though, they both work now, which is great :-)

Thanks again!

Matt

Ok Matt, time to write a coppermine tutorial while its fresh :(

One thing I do when installing something like this is to write the steps down in a notebook, with all the settings and user/passwords.

Then when you install another script, this will help with the settings and paths.

Edited by TCH-Don

• 4 weeks later...
with all the settings and user/passwords

I happen to know thats a smart thing to know since I have learned it the hard way. :) :(

Does anyone happen to know how I can go in to admin part of adv. guestbook if I lost my pw or username, without uninstall it and reinstall and then loosing all entries (Note: Not my mysql-password)?

:) Welcome to the Family Del_Thacker :(

and your new home!

To install the advanced guestbook

goto your cpanel (see link in your welcome e-mail)

look in cgi scripts

and click on the link for advanced guest book

follow the prompts for a folder name like guestbook or what ever you want for a folder name

the database will be created for you and a user will be added.

follow the link to the admin panel and change the default user and password

the default user/password is listed by the link to the admin panel.

And thats it. You can change the colors and a few other things in the admin area.

We really are like family here.

So if you need anything,

just ask your new family!

We love to help :)

Edited by TCH-Don