The Ftp Session Closed And Now I Can't Connect ?!?

Hello,

I was working on my site from work, usinf filezilla on windows.

then the connect shutdown for time out, as I was not using it, and now, in trying to access I get this error:

Response: 200 Type set to A

Response: 421 No Transfer Timeout (300 seconds): closing control connection.

Command: TYPE I

Error: Timeout detected!

Status: Connected with mythtvtalk.com. Waiting for welcome message...

Response: 220-This computer system is for authorized users only. Individuals using this

Response:  system without authority or in excess of their authority are subject to

Response:  having all their activities on this system monitored and recorded or

Response:  examined by any authorized person, including law enforcement, as system

Response:  personnel deem appropriate. In the course of monitoring individuals

Response:  improperly using the system or in the course of system maintenance, the

Response:  activities of authorized users may also be monitored and recorded. Any

Response:  material so recorded may be disclosed as appropriate. Anyone using this

Response:  system consents to these terms.

Response: 

Response: 

Response: 220 ProFTPD 1.2.9 Server (ProFTPD Default Installation) [server71.totalchoicehosting.com]Command: USER ***********

Error: Unable to connect!

Response: 220-This computer system is for authorized users only. Individuals using this

Response:  system without authority or in excess of their authority are subject to

Response:  examined by any authorized person, including law enforcement, as system

Response:  improperly using the system or in the course of system maintenance, the

Response:  activities of authorized users may also be monitored and recorded. Any

Response:  material so recorded may be disclosed as appropriate. Anyone using this

Response: 

Response: 

Response: 220 ProFTPD 1.2.9 Server (ProFTPD Default Installation) [server71.totalchoicehosting.com]

Command: USER ***********

Response: 

Response: 

Response: 220 ProFTPD 1.2.9 Server (ProFTPD Default Installation) [server71.totalchoicehosting.com]

Command: USER **********

Response: 

Response: 

Command: USER ************

Response:  system without authority or in exce

(.....)

Any idea?

thxs in advance

Ludo

erm, it's working again...

I am wondering one thing. As filezilla tried to reconnect numerous time, unsuccessfully as I did not noticed it was creating an error i did not stop it to try reconnecting quickly. Could it have blocked my work ip for 10-15min? Have you got that kind of protection against DoS attacks?

Ludo

• 3 weeks later...