Package Upgrades

TCH-Dick

Just wanted to let everyone know we havent forgotten about upgrading existing customers to the new plans now advertised on totalchoicehosting.com.

We are still in a testing phase to make sure the servers dont become overloaded and cause problems for everyone. We are extending the testing period another 60-90 days. However if it comes to a point where you need the upgrade before then please open a support ticket and request it. We will be verifying that the upgrade is needed so please dont request an upgrade if you dont currently have a need for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious, will we be notified of when we get upgraded, or when we check our CPanel, will we just get a lovely surprise?

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe,

You will just get a lovely surprise.

One of the servers I am on has already been upgraded. And it is still Great. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this ever gonna happen to Server 59????!

I remember hearing about the Upgrades back in June, so I'd been making plans and modifications to my packages. I've been patiently waiting now with 10mb of space left for 2 months! Plus I've had to go through this 'extension' on the time frame.

tch, when you tell your customers your going to do something please do it. The way you promoted and implemented the upgrades is not the way "I" would conduct business, but that's just me. This has put the first bad taste in my mouth when it comes to TCH. I hope you understand my frustration.

I know you want to do the best job possible and have flawless execution. But I think in promoting the upgrades too early, and extending this promise so long with no results yet, has soured it in my opinion. If there is any way possible to get the upgrade ASAP, you could turn the sour taste into sweet lemonade. :(

Also, I tried submitted the support ticket 3 weeks ago, to no avail on an upgrade. They said they saw that I NEEDED it, but they still wouldn't do it. :)

Thanks for any feedback.

Mike

Upgrades have been completed on some servers and we are working through them as quickly as we can. There have been some snags along the way such as having to individually update all accounts on some servers.

As has been mentioned before, if you are running low on disk space or bandwidth we ask that you open a Help Desk ticket and we can look at updating the account individually even if the server has not been updated. We have not refused any such request, to my knowledge, if it was legitimate. The process was only slowed down, however, as we had folks requesting the new limits even though there were only using a fraction of the space they were already allotted. In most cases we went ahead and updated the account but it is much slower to update one by one rather than by server.

Given that it easily can take about an hour to update one server and check it the process is not instantaneous.

I also should add that the reseller servers are the most difficult to update. The reason is that there are two places to update the limits, the package limits and the WHM privileges. That means that we have to individually update all reseller accounts. The best option is to open a ticket if you are running short on bandwidth or disk space.

The techs have already posted that they will be testing the upgrades at least through September.

They're giving us tons of extra space and bandwidth for NOTHING. The least we could do is show some gratitude and patience so they can get it done right.

Here is an update: All servers have been updated to the new plan limits except 5, 6, and 8. I will work on those three as I can tomorrow and Monday. If you notice anything unusual please open a Help Desk ticket. Please check your quota in CPanel and let us know if it is not using the new limits (unless you are on 5, 6, or 8.)

To TCH staff,

Thank you for the package upgrade. I didn't even know it had been finished until a few minutes ago when I logged into my cPanel. I was working on my site yesterday from home, "thought" I noticed a couple moments of downtime. I couldn't tell if it was my DSL connection or server. Doesn't matter, the upgrade was seamless from my perspective.

Yay! Thank you for your continued excellence. Rock Sign

peace,

Stefan

Coolness. Thank you very much. :dance:

I think we're probably all familiar with the new storage size limits but I do not recall the actual bandwidth limits (for all plans) being posted.

If someone would be so kind as to do the honors........

Thanks!

Thanks for the extra space guys.

(Now everyone that was a bit pushy about the upgrades remember that in the off chance a server gets slowed down from this you have to wait 30 minutes to complain instead of the normal 15 minute response time the tech guys give us.) :)