New Accounts

Head Guru

In a effort to reduce Credit Card Fraud, Effective 6/6/2004 all new hosting accounts will be Phone Verified.

A TCH staff member will personally contact each new client to confirm the hosting order.

We will compare Area Code to the Credit Card Billing Address as well.

If you have any concerns please let us know.

Thanks

Bill

I guess I'm not too worried because I'm not a new account...but...if I were getting a new account it sounds like I might have a problem with the area code verification. I live in Arlington TX, but don't use a home phone. I only use my cell phone, which is currently a Colorado phone number. Would there be a workaround for this type of situation as I know there are more and more people who use cell phones now and could possibly have a different area code from their CC billing info.?

Thanx HG,

i hope if i sign up for another plan from India i'll be getting the call in india too. and will not have to wait too long for the call, with TCh you are always on the fast track in the hosting world.

Any security measure would be always appreciated.

Regards.

Yep, how abt overseas users.

I'm thinking abt getting an account with you guys.

i'll probably be using my cellphonenumber. That's no prob?

And will you keep the time difference in mind :o You might get me in a grumpy mood if you call me 3 am my local time :dance:

grtx,

richard (from the netherlands)

[/b]And if HG calls me, i will ask him to call again after 5 minutes, cause after picking up the phone i'll Jump out of the window in excitement, and next 5 minutes i'll be back to my desk.

HG: You shouldn't stop your family from Loving their HG so much.

Yep, how abt overseas users.

I'm thinking abt getting an account with you guys.

i'll probably be using my cellphonenumber. That's no prob?

And will you keep the time difference in mind :lol: You might get me in a grumpy mood if you call me 3 am my local time :)

grtx,

richard (from the netherlands)

Since no one has bothered answering Richard before, I'd like to repeat his question for myself as well.

Cem (also from the Netherlands - aka Holland)

Lisa thanks. It seems that I've missed Mike's answer, sorry about that.

However, IMO he only provides a partial answer. Do the overseas customers also get a (celular)phone call? Implicitly, based on Mike's reaction I'd conclude that the answer is yes, but is it actually the case?

BTW, do PAYPAL customers also get verified? If not, that would be a feasible solution it seems :lol:

Regards,

Cem

Hi,

i don't understand why people are so much concerned with Phone Verfication.

I think

If you signing up, you can handle it.

If you r using your parents/Relatives Card, they should know and one should know.

If its your own, you can verify it without probs.

already told INT. users will also get calls in their normal hours.

Hi,

i don't understand why people are so much concerned with Phone Verfication.

I think

If you signing up, you can handle it.

If you r using your parents/Relatives Card, they should know and one should know.

If its your own, you can verify it without probs.

already told INT. users will also get calls in their normal hours.

Hi Hindixp,

Speaking for myself, my concerns have got nothing to do with the issues you've mentioned. Being 42 years old and owning a few legitimate credit/charge cards, I can only applaud the diligency of TCH in fighting any possible abuse of those cards. In the end, we all benefit.

My concerns were about not receiving a phone call in the middle of the night (as Robert has mentioned as well) and about the (im)possibility of receiving the call on my mobile phone since I'm statistically almost never at home ;)

Furthermore, you must also reckon that we live in a (digital) society wherein we are very spoilt. We order something such as web hosting and we expect to be able to upload and configure our web site in the next 5 minutes woooot. We then tend to forget that the DNS propogation will take at least 72 hours anyway. I guess the anxiety has got something to do with that as well :mellow:

Regards,

Cem

Upgrades will not be phone verified, existing customers who add another account will not be phone verified. We will take into consideration the time difference ;)

An no weezy, you cant pick who calls :P

Awwww... to bad :)

:mellow:

Weezy

Can someone explain why theres such a big deal being made about phone verifications?

It takes like 1.5 minutes, we ask for the person who placed the order, we tell them this is so and so from totalchoice hosting and I am calling to verify the hosting account you ordered for domain.com on XX date. Once verified we say thanks have a nice day.

We dont answer support questions, billing questions, we dont talk about the weather :) we just verify the person ordered it and say goodbye

Hi!

I have NO problem with a phone call. As a matter of fact, I would love one!

I registered yesterday for a TCH package and it went bizzerk. Said I was trying to do something fraudulent. My guess is, I typed my CCard wrong or some darn silly thing. Anyway, I sent an email out for help. .. Still waiting! LOL

So, feel free to give me a buzz!!! I would love it! Better yet... let me call you! :unsure:

I am anxious to get the ball rolling here! ;)

Kindest Regards,

Billie Jo

Hi TCH-Bruce! Thank you so much! I did as you suggested! I will be here waiting with bells on! hehe

You all are johnny on the spot with this!! I could not be more thrilled!

I have many friends that have sites hosted here and say nothing but awesome things about TCH!!

Thanks again for your very prompt assistance!!!

Kindest Regards,

Billie Jo

Welcome Billie Jo ;)

Be sure to drop by the introductions forum when you sign up

to get your official warm welcome :)

LOL TCH-Don!!

I just bought a 2004 Saturn Vue.. we got the "Saturn Send off"!! Is the "official warm welcome" like that?

Hubby and I were looking at each other like "Did we win this car.. or what?" They washed and polished the new Vue up and gave us this little song and cheered for us and shook our hand! EVERYONE in the dealership was involved! haha I was totally impressed! (Doesn't take much - but I bet I buy another Saturn! HEHE)

Reality hit us when we had to write the check for it - so.. if you were wondering.. no.. we didn't win the Vue! LOL

I am all set now with the package! You people sure are on top of things!

Thanks! Once I get the site up I will be sure to announce my arrival to the "family" hehe

Thanks again you all are great! :)

Kindest Regards,

Billie Jo