Ftp For Mac

I've just signed up for a Web site. I'm on a Mac, running OS 9.1. I've downloaded Fetch, a popular FTP program for the Mac, but for some reason it can't get access to my FTP. It can see other FTP sites, so the software seems to be working, but when I direct it to my FTP site it looks and never finds.

Anyone know what's going wrong?

Any input is welcome.

thanks,

Mouncey

:unsure: Welcome to the famly mouncey :blink:

and your new home.

there should be instructions in the welcome e-mail for ftp before propagation.

as in ftp.IPadddress

user and password

remote ftp folder: public_html

We really are like family here.

So if you need anything,

just ask your new family!

We love to help :)

Welcome mouncey! :unsure:

There's even a few of us that use Macs around here!

Fetch should work fine. Just be sure to use the straight IP address (as Don pointed out) for the next couple of days until your domain name propogates through the internet.

It isn't a Mac issue, it's an internet issue. :blink:

-- Dave

Thanks, folks. I got the files in there. I guess it'll just take a few days before they show up on the site.

Is there anything I need to do with the domain? I remember checking some box that parked it. Do I have to un-park it?

Thanks for the help...

Mouncey

I am just family member here, not a mod or actual staff, but I bet I know what they will say:

If this is for a regular (main) domain, it should not be parked.

Go into the registrar control panel (not the cpanel that you use to access your webspace functions) and set the nameservers as described in your welcome email.

If you ordered your domain through TCH, your registar control panel is accessed though

this page. Or the long way around: got to the TCH home page and click on "Domain Registration". There is a little drop-down menu on the upper right of the ensuing page that is defaulted to something like "-- My Account --". Select "login" from that little menu.

Then login with the username/password that came with your domain welcome email (as opposed to your TCH welcome email).

Set the nameservers to NS1.TOTALCHOICEHOSTING.COM and NS2.TOTALCHOICEHOSTING.COM or whatever your TCH welcome email says.

I hope that's not too confusing! :unsure:

--- Dave