Firefox, Thunderbird Minor Upgrades Released

borfast

Good news, everyone :)

From http://mozillazine.org/:

mozilla.org today released upgrades to both Firefox 0.9 (0.9.1) and Thunderbird 0.7 (0.7.1) to fix some minor bugs present in both releases. Both releases correct some flaws in the extension system that some users may have been experiencing, as well as a new icon set for the navigation toolbar on Windows and Linux in Firefox 0.9.1. All users of both products should get this upgrade. Builds are available for Firefox 0.9.1 and Thunderbird 0.7.1, as well as updated release notes (Fx, Tb) for both.
Edited by TCH-Raul

I read this on their site....bummer...

Installing Firefox

Once you have downloaded a Firefox installer or compressed archive, follow these instructions to install:

First, for these preview releases it is strongly recommended that you uninstall any previous version of Firefox first. Installing over the top of an older version may cause unpredictable problems. If you install over the top of an older version and want to file bugs, please do a clean install into a fresh directory before doing so.

youneverknow

My 09 version is stable so I am pondering whether I should switch... :unsure:

I can see several releases coming out before the final 1.0 is finnished...I'm not sure I want to "upgrade" every few weeks or so... if I'm fairly satisfied with .09

but...

youneverknow

Those problems you're mentioning are the reason for this upgrade. Among other things, those problems were solved and if you use 0.9, you should definitely upgrade to 0.9.1. It's not a major upgrade, like going from 0.8 to .09, so the risc of something going wrong is much much smaller <_<

you should definitely upgrade to 0.9.1.

Umm, why? :) If 0.9.0 works I mean.

Because 0.9 may not work all that well. It has a few problems that were serious enough for the Mozilla development team to release this update :)

If you really want to know the details, look on the MozillaZine forums. I've read about it there, somewhere. Can't remeber in which thread, though :D

<rant>

PS - This is completely of-topic but I just have to vent somewhere...

Portugal just won the semi-final game with Holland, for the european football (soccer) championship. We'll be playing the final game with Greece or Czech Republic.

Tonight, the whole country is partying like there's no tomorrow. I can't hear myself thinking. The streets are filled with cars and people blowing horns, waving flags, etc. Last week, when Portugal won the Portugal - England game, it was the same thing.

But it makes me sick that the whole country bursts in joy and party because of a football/soccer game but when it's the time for elections, lots of people don't vote; when it's time to pay taxes, most people try to escape; when it's time to work, most people try to get a way of not having to work; when it's time to do something for the country, so we can develop our lives, etc, most people don't give a damn.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun and colorful show and I'm glad they won. But I just wish people would know how to balance the importance of things in their lives instead of worshiping a game (which, unfortunately, today is more a business than a game) and not giving a "#$% about their country! Mad!!!

No wonder we're always lagging behind the rest of the EU, US, and more evolved countries... <_<

</rant>

Because 0.9 may not work all that well. It has a few problems that were serious enough for the Mozilla development team to release this update <_<

0.9 caused some pretty serious problems for me: It locked up, competely, when trying to load certain (but not all) https pages, such as my secure webmail or webmin. I reverted back to 0.8 because of that one, so here's hoping that the new release fixes it.