Sign in to follow this  
HCSuperStores

Invision Noo-bee

I've just installed the Invision board. The one that TCH uses seems to work well.

But I get this thing were if you post something, it does work, but it doesn't go anywhere. You're just left looking at a blank screen and your URL followed by /index.php?.

Does anyone have an idea?

You can find the link for the site HERE

Make as many new post as you need to for testing. The site is not yet live.

Thanks!

Bill

Hmmm...not a clue. I got the blank page after registering and after posting. Did you make any changes to the board settings page in the admin cp? If you did...you might want to double check those and make sure that's not causing a problem.

If that's not the case...you may have to re-install. I would wait and see if anyone has further suggestions, though. I'm not an expert!

Thanks to those who have looked so far.

There's nothing too little to check at this point. I have made changes to the Admin side. I've added forums, moderators, categories. I've also slightly tweaked the top display for the graphics and text that you see. But I believe my changes to be harmless.

I must admit that I am slightly confused by the permissions. Every time I add a forum I have to set permissions for what each group has access to. My instincts tell me that there should be a default setting that I couild set so that, by default, every forum would initially get the same permission settings.

In addtion, when a topic was posted, where I did receive notification, I was greeted with the same blank page after I clicked the link to show the new posting.

I'll review the Admin settings. If someone with Invision Admin experience wants to take a look, I can give you access. It might make it easier.

Thanks for looking!

Bill

make sure you dont have any extra spaces or blanks in the header where you made changes.

I've also slightly tweaked the top display for the graphics and text that you see. But I believe my changes to be harmless.

I'd just about guarantee thats where the problem is

I'll try setting up another board and then go piece-by-piece with the changes I've made for the graphics. There were only two changes, one on-line and one direct. If it is the problem I'll find out quickly.

Hi Mike,

When you're right, you're right.

I loaded a fresh Invision board to another sub directory and took the unblemished version of the document I modified and it worked without errors.

After a little trial-and-error I think I discovered a missing ">" from the end of a <tr> tag. I didn't expect the results I got when the missing piece of info, but it was the problem.

I'm good to go! Thanks!