Tch Down?

TCH-Thomas

That is a search page brought up by a Web-"assistant" on your computer. It's really a program to get you to other sites that pay them for that service.

It could be a simple ISP timeout or something more devious like the webassistant hasn't sent you to any other sites lately so it "made up" an error. :lol:

Ya, Jim sir is right, i found a similar problem in a Cafe where i went, cause these days Iam away :lol: from my SOHO.

For every site i tried gave me Annoying search results. I was so fed up that i told the cafe owner to get it off or i won't be your customer again.

Thomas,

Your image shows that INCREDIFIND generated that page. You need to run adaware (free from lavasoft) or pest patrol or spy bot, etc to remove the adware program that generated that page. The problem is that you have a program ON YOUR MACHINE that causes your browser to be hijacked and sent to another direction. It's only purpose is to direct you to sites that sponsor the program! It is scumware, drawing resources and interfering with your surfing.

Read more here: http://www.pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/k/keenv...incredifind.asp

You probably have had more instances of ads being generated from within your own machine and don't realize it.

-Samantha

Thanks Samantha. :)

I sort of figured that when starting computer this morning, cause it is a mess. I installed something yesterday which i assume could contain spy/scum/adware, but the TCH down thing was before this installation. I will let everyone know about progress.

Edited by Jikrantz

If you would like, I can direct you to a lower-level spyware/adware removal tool and help you in the removal of such pervasive junk on your machine... PM me for details if you think you need it.

Try Spybot S&D first. I read an article recently that some folks had done tests and they concluded a combination of the 2 free ones was good. Some of the pay ones did no better than the free ones and some were worse.

PestPatrol was not one of the ones they tested. We use it at work and it finds a TON of junk and cleans it up pretty well. If you don't mind the price then it's a fine program. I agree with the article though that no one program can do it all.

Jim, Thomas

A few weeks ago I had to renew my hard drive which had been toasted.

The replacement of the new 120 Gig Hard Drive went good, the only problem was that I had gotten a lot of Adware from somewhere, some of the Adware was even showing up on my Desktop as program icons, one being “business.exe”.

Off to CompUSA I go and pick up myself a program called “Spy Sweeper” $29.95 and well worth it, The first run of Spy Sweeper picked up 135 Adware programs and cookies, the program places the Adware and cookies in Quarantine and either the Adware or Cookies can be deleted or kept if they are needed.

The program works like Norton Anti Virus definitions, you can update the Adware Definitions with Spy Sweeper.

I run Spy Sweeper every couple of days it takes about 24 minutes to go through the hard drive, Spy Sweeper is continually finding the same Adware, I’ll have to do a test and see where the Adware is coming from, they have to come from a site that I frequent a lot.

I never had this problem with Adware when my old Hard Drive was running fine.

Richard