Sign in to follow this  
Gord

Change A Domain Name

Please help !

I have just purchased the Silver Package for the web hosting from TCH. But when I was filling the form I have misspelled my domain name and payed the money ...

Question - .... Will it be possible to change to the correct one later or not??? Sorry for the stupid question ....

thank you

Gord

Gord, if you buy the correct domain, you will be able to submit a help desk ticket and have tech support make that the primary domain on your account. I'm not sure that you can 'return' the other one though. I would probably just park it on the domain you want.

Thank you,

So I guess it means yes ....

I have bought a domain - **** (also from TCH)... but I accidentally paid for the mmydmain.com (which does not exist). Thus do I have to contact helpdesk or wait for the confirmation (they call it Welcome Email :P ) and then just simply "park" it to the new name?

I am really new with this ... sorry

Gord

Hmmm...you could probably do it now, but if it were me I'd wait for the confirmation (welcome) email. No real reason...I just usually feel better about letting one thing get finished before requesting changes.

Welcome to the Family, by the way. You can ask anything you like here in the forums...we are all happy to help when we can!

Tracy, thanks for the Welcome message.

Well, I've got the confirmation for the domain www.mmydomain.com (incoreect one). They want be able to park it because it does not exist ... So what can I do now....?

gord

Hi Gord,

Welcome to the family :P

We can change the domain name for the hosting, just drop a ticket into the help desk.

What we can't change is the name of the domain name you purchased.

If I understand you correctly - you purchased the domain **** and teh hosting for mmydomain.com. If that is the case, just let us know and we'll change the hosting for you.

I think I was misunderstanding slightly. My apologies. As Andy said...they will be able to fix the domain name on your hosting account.

I thought you had bought BOTH the correct domain AND incorrect domain. I'm sorry for not understanding better!!! :P

Thank you Guys !!!!!!

Yes Andy, you are correct and I am writing to the support site right now.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUICK ASSISTANCE

Gord,

Don't write, I know the answer. It isn't good news either I am afraid. The entire process is automated so when you select purchase and pay the registrar payment is automatically sent to the registry. In this case .coms are paid to Verisign. They do not give refunds and in turn the registrar will not as well. I would park the misspelled one on the good one and not have it auto renew.

Rob,

Thank you for the answer but, I think you did not understand me (or lets say I was not clear in explanation). The domain name was registered correctly ..... But than when I was asking for the hosting ....then I mistyped another name.

Anyway, when I was writing to you I have got a message from TCH support that everything is corrected and will be on place after 2-3 days.

Actually I am amazed with the speed of the support team!! Absolutely great.

Gord

Rob...you were thinking what I was thinking. Gord didn't actually REGISTER the incorrect domain name...just supplied the incorrect domain name when purchasing hosting.

Thanks for making me feel better about my own misunderstading, though!! ;) You must still be suffering from that night on the couch!! Or are you still on the couch? woooot