Neomail, Horde, And Squirrelmail - Use All 3?

Sorry for such a newbie question, but for webmail I see we get 3 choices, but I was wondering, do we need to activate one of the 3 or are all 3 setup by default and we can check our email using any of the 3 we want? I assume the mail is stored in the same place no matter which webmail program we use?

And lastly, when using Horde I see the following folders automatically created:

INBOX

charter.levens.com

dad.levens.com

INBOX.Drafts

INBOX.Sent

INBOX.Trash

levens.com

mel.levens.com

my.levens.com

saved-messages

sent-mail

willcom.levens.com

I am curious why levens.com and all of my subdomains have folders in horde?

Also what is the difference between INBOX.Sent and Sent-Mail? If I rename INBOX.Drafts to just Drafts does it break the functionality?

Probably too many questions so I will stop now :goof:

Many thanks for the info,

Dennis Levens

You don't have to do anything... just click on your choice and enter your password and you will see whatever is on the server from any one of them. I use Horde... only because I was already familiar with it from a previous host.

Virtual Imager,

Since you use Horde, can you tell me the default folder for Horde? I think the reason I have so many auto generated folders is because I logged into all 3 webmail programs and they each created their own folders.

So far I like horde the best of the 3

Dennis

Sorry, Dennis. I don't understand the question. Are you asking what folder new mail will be sent to? I just use Inbox. You can use the options feature to set filtering rules, etc. Somehow I don't think that answers your question though. If you're asking how to make Horde the default for your webmail, I don't know. I generally just go directly to Horde via a bookmark or from cPanel when I want to check my mail on the web. Mostly I use Outlook... I only check it on the web from work or when I'm travelling. Again, I don't think I'm answering your question. Maybe someone else can help.... or maybe you could rephrase your question and I'll give it another try.

I am probably just not wording my question right. I noticed that there were two sent items and two inboxes, and figured that horde created some folders and then squirelmail also created some folders. So I was asking if your folders for horde are names using INBOX.SENT and INBOX.DRAFTS. I am trying to find out which folders belong to horde, which belong to neomail and which belong to squirelmail, as it seems that all 3 programs are sharing the same folder list.

I do want to set horde to be my default webmail so if anyone can enlighten us that would be great.

Dennis

I don't think you can... /webmail just gives you the screen from which to choose which of the three you want (as far as I know).

Again, what I did was bookmark the page once I got into my inbox at Horde and now I can go directly there via the bookmark. I am prompted for my password automatically (it remembers) so it's just a click and I'm in.

VI

Yeh, there is no way to overwrite the existing redirect of /webmail but you can setup a new redirect such as www.yoursite.com/mail and tell it to go to www.yoursite.com:2096/horde/index.php . Just use the redirect option in Cpanel.

Hope that helps,

James

When I add a redirect I cannot use https, it only allows me to use http so I can only redirect to the unsecure login?

Also when I redirect to www.yoursite.com:2095/horde/index.php it asks me for my username and password but when I login it takes me to the horde login screen and autofills out my the same info I just typed, so I then have to click login again.

So I have two questions:

1. How do I redirect to the sercure login when the redirects cpanel page has http:// as the only choice and no https://

2. How do I setup a redirect to log straight into horde so I do not have to click twice. I realize I am still on typing my info once for the username and password, but I am hoping to bypass clicking to login twice.

Hope this makes sense,

Dennis