Installing Squirrelmail Plugins & Skins

I am a new user with your hosting service as well as with squirrelmail. I am wondering how I can extend the capabilities of squirrelmail by installing plugins from their site. Additionally, I have come across some skins for the program and am wondering how I can install them. Any help would be appreciated.

Uh,

Also, it is not TCH who update the stuff in cPanel.

cPanel.net has to release a update to their cPanels before TCH can do anything. and I think we are on the latest cPanel. :dance:

Yes I agree squirellmail is a very good solution and the best I have found. The number of features it has and the ammount of third party plugins is huge.

Thanks for the info I will look into setting up my own also.

One thing do you know if these servers support imap or is it pop only?

• 3 weeks later...
If you did want to upgrade cPanel's SquirrelMail server wide, and use plugins, I've written this HOW-TO:

HOW-TO: Upgrade to SquirrelMail 1.4.3a on cPanel

http://unofficial-support.com/node/view/49

That's probably not feasible. I bet the next upgrade of cPanel would over right it anyway. Installing Squirell Mail in your own account is fairly simple though.

I still don't think it would happen. There's a lot of servers at TCH. Plus, there would still be no way to make everyone happy concerning plugins. As long as things are working without issues, why risk something going wrong on a server-wide update on something as important as email? One little typo in the config, and then many unhappy customers...

Also, sqmail didn't make most of those plugins. They are contributions from users, so they could contain insecure code, putting us all at risk. If my own install of sqmail has poorly written plugins, there would be a big risk for me, but not so big for anyone else. And if mine does cause a problem for others, my account is suspended, and everyone else goes on happily.